April 17–18, 2012Ohio UAS Conference, April 17–18, 2012
Hosted by the Dayton Development Coalition, the first Ohio UAS Conference will be held in downtown Dayton, Ohio on April 17–18, 2012. Sinclair Community College is pleased to be a partner and host site for the premier gathering of Unmanned Aerial Systems professionals in the state of Ohio. The theme of the conference is UAS Aviation: A Partnership for the Future.
The Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) industry is projected as the most dynamic growth sector in the aerospace and defense market. Successful UAS integration into the National Airspace System (NAS) is a key challenge to develop this industry to its full potential. The conference will provide a forum to establish a UAS community partnership. It will bring together key officials and representatives from both government and industry to examine the requirements for access into the NAS, research needs, recent developments, critical capability gaps and directions in the industry.
The Ohio UAS Conference will focus on the following topics:
• Commercial and Business Applications/Opportunities
• Challenges and Solutions (Operational and Technical)
• UAS Operations in the NextGen Environment
• Government, Industry and Academic Perspectives
The conference will feature professionals from industry, government and academia, including the following speakers:
• Mr. Steve Pennington, Director of Bases, Ranges and Airspace, and Acting Director for the DOD Policy Board on Federal Aviation, HQ Air Force
• Mr. Joe Sciabica, Executive Director, Air Force Research Laboratory
• Mr. John Palatiello, Executive Director, Management Association for Private Photogrammetric Surveyors (MAPPS)
• Mr. Tom Kenville, Executive Director, Unmanned Applications Institute, North Dakota
• Mr. Doug Davis, Director of Global UAS Initiatives, New Mexico State University
• Mr. Al Goodbary, Major General, USA Retired, University Multispectral Laboratories, Oklahoma State University
• Dr. Theron L. Bowman, Chief of Police, Arlington, Texas
• Dr. Mark Milliron, Chancellor, Western Governors University
For more information, visit the Ohio UAS Conference website.